New Handgun Training
Dear New Handgun Owners,
As the global outbreak of the COVID-19 virus showed us, many people rushed to stores to purchase items they believed they may need. First it was toilet paper. Then there was a run on meat, and more recently many rushed to their local North Texas gun stores to buy a handgun and ammo to protect their families. We can help you learn the basics of your new handgun in our Personalized Firearms Training.
As this pandemic unfolded, with hourly updates and changes, nobody knew how things would end up. And our community saw many acts of kindness from our friends and neighbors and saw the best in people. However, the uncertainly also breed fear and desperation which can cause good people to do bad things.
Is this why you wanted to purchase a new handgun? Like most, you hope to never have to use it, but want to be able to protect your family in a worst case scenario. For that reason you may need some training to go with your new handgun. Learn safety, general operation, and marksmanship in our Personalized Firearms Training Classes.
Close To Home
Do you live in any of the neighboring counties like Collin, Denton, Greyson, Fannin, or Hunt? Please consider signing up for our next available Training Classes so we can help you learn how to safely and confidently use your new handgun. While the most important consideration is safety, learning basic marksmanship fundamentals are critical. Most importantly, we will help you develop capability that will give you confidence with your new gun.
Even if you’ve handled firearms before, it’s not a bad idea to get a “refresher course” for the safety and protection of you and your loved ones. Our range is based in Whitewright, TX which is a quick 25 minute drive from McKinney, TX and under an hour from Dallas, Frisco, and many of the surrounding cities.
About Mission 160 Range
Mission160 Range is a private range, started by Kevin Harding, a long time shooting enthusiast. Kevin was unable to find a range where he could practice the way he wanted (drawing from a holster, rapid-fire, transitioning between targets, shooting on the move, shooting from behind barricades, etc.) so he decided to purchase land close to McKinney and built a private range.
Mission160 is now regarded as the best outdoor pistol range in North Texas. We are a private range with a limited number of memberships available. Functions at Mission160 include Handgun Instruction, LTC Classes, Private Events, IDPA, USPSA & Steel Matches.
Always keep guns pointed in a safe direction.
Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
Always keep your gun unloaded until ready to use.
Range Safety Rules:
1. Know your target and what is beyond.
2. All firearms not on the firing line must remain holstered or unloaded with their action open and the magazine removed.
3. Cease Firing: Immediately stop shooting when anyone calls “Cease firing.”
4. COLD Range: Shooters must check with others to ensure all firearms are unloaded, actions are open and firearms are laid on the shooting bench before going down range. No one is permitted to handle firearms or stand at the firing line while there is a cold range.
5. HOT Range: Shooters must check with others to ensure there is no one down range; only when the range is declared “HOT” are shooters permitted to commence firing.
6. All shooters are responsible for their rounds staying within the confines of this range. Place your targets to ensure your shots strike the backstop or the steel plates. Shooting at items placed on the ground is prohibited as it can allow rounds to escape the range. Tracer, armor-piercing and incendiary ammunition is forbidden.
7. Respect the Range: Paper, cardboard and range-supplied steel are the only approved targets. When through shooting, pick up your trash and carry it out with you – if you bring it in, take it out. Do not drive vehicles into the shooting bays – keep them on the road or the parking lot.
8. Respect Yourself: Wear eye and ear protection.
Shooting a metal or glass prop within 2 yards including non-metal/glass parts of a vehicle is a DQ for shooting matches. This doesn’t include unintentional contact with target stands. Shooters committing such an infraction during training or practice sessions will have their range privileges suspended pending management review.
Remember: Treat every gun as a loaded gun!
We are currently accepting a limited number of new members! Our private range is located just outside of the McKinney/Melissa area. The range features 13 pistol bays each stocked with target stands, sticks, barrels, walls and lots of steel targets that are available to members.
CALL 972.978.1103 TODAY!